Together, we honor and serve America’s Veterans.
To be a trusted and resilient partner for Veterans, offering readily available, safe and compassionate care of exceptional quality within an integrated system.
The Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center is located on a 16-acre site adjacent to the Veterans Memorial Park and the West Virginia State Nursing Home in the city of Clarksburg, West Virginia. The facility was initially dedicated on December 7, 1950 and was enhanced with the clinical addition in 1989. Named after Louis A. Johnson, Secretary of Defense under President Truman, this medical center has been an active teaching facility since 1960 by participating in residency and academic affiliations with West Virginia University, Fairmont State University, Alderson-Broaddus College and other nearby institutions of higher education.